News from LTO
08/01/2021 – 2 FAPESP PhD fellowship open until 31-AGO
08/01/2021 – FAPESP Younger Investigator Award approved!
04/22/2021 – Chernobyl Trio paper published at Science!
04/10/2021 – Congrets Eliza for FAPESP grant
03/10/2021 – Congrets Lana for FAPESP grant
03/02/2021 – Welcome Letícia (Undergraduate Research Student)
01/24/2021 – BRAVE Novartis approved!
12/22/2020 – PRONON approved!
12/10/2020 – Aline’s work published at Sci Rep!
12/08/2020 – Marina’s IO review at Current Opinions published!
12/07/2020 – Welcome Bianca (Master Student)
11/06/2020 – Newton Advanced Fellowship Award approved
11/01/2020 – Welcome Sabrina (Staff Research)
10/30/2020 – ISR Grant for immunotherapy in RCC approved
10/20/2o2o – Congrats Guilherme for FAPESP grant
09/30/2020 – Molecular Oncology Workshop
09/01/2020 – Congrets Eliza for PIBIC/CNPq grant
08/01/2020 – Congrets Jamile for FAPESP grant
25/06/2020 – Welcome Camila, Carol, Cecília, and Lucas (Master Students)
10/06/2020 – Welcome Marina (PhD Student)
15/11/2019 – Welcome Eliza (Undergraduate Research Student)
21/10/2019 – Welcome Guilherme (Master Student)
15/09/2019 – Welcome Lana (Undergraduate Research Student)
12/08/2019 – Welcome Aline (Postdoc)
02/07/2019 – Welcome Jamile (Undergraduate Research Student)
- Altered regulation of DPF3, a member of the SWI/SNF complexes, underlies the 14q24 renal cancer susceptibility locus 14/08/2021Our study investigated the underlying mechanism for the 14q24 renal cell carcinoma (RCC) susceptibility risk locus identified by a genome-wide association study (GWAS). The sentinel single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), rs4903064, at 14q24 confers an allele-specific effect on expression of the double PHD fingers 3 (DPF3) of the BAF SWI/SNF complex as assessed by massively parallel reporter […]Leandro M Colli
- Lack of transgenerational effects of ionizing radiation exposure from the Chernobyl accident 23/04/2021Effects of radiation exposure from the Chernobyl nuclear accident remain a topic of interest. We investigated germline de novo mutations (DNMs) in children born to parents employed as cleanup workers or exposed to occupational and environmental ionizing radiation after the accident. Whole-genome sequencing of 130 children (born 1987-2002) and their parents did not reveal an […]Meredith Yeager
- Cell-free DNA promotes malignant transformation in non-tumor cells 11/12/2020Cell-free DNA is present in different biological fluids and when released by tumor cells may contribute to pro-tumor events such as malignant transformation of cells adjacent to the tumor and metastasis. Thus, this study analyzed the effect of tumor cell-free DNA, isolated from the blood of prostate cancer patients, on non-tumor prostate cell lines (RWPE-1 […]Aline Gomes de Souza
- Predicting immunotherapy response through genomics 11/12/2020Immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICI) aim to restore the immune system anti-tumor function by blocking two inhibitory axes: CTLA-4/CD28 and PD1/PDL1. ICI is established as a treatment option for multiple cancers, but their remarkable clinical impact is observed only in a fraction of patients. Together with their adverse effects and high cost, it's imperative to identify […]Marina Candido Visontai Cormedi
- Relative expression of KLK5 to LEKTI is associated with aggressiveness of oral squamous cell carcinoma 01/12/2020CONCLUSION: The association of increased enzyme/inhibitor ratio with poor prognosis indicates KLK5 to SPINK5 relative expression as an important prognostic marker in OSCC.Márcia Gaião Alves