News from LTO
08/01/2021 – 2 FAPESP PhD fellowship open until 31-AGO
08/01/2021 – FAPESP Younger Investigator Award approved!
04/22/2021 – Chernobyl Trio paper published at Science!
04/10/2021 – Congrets Eliza for FAPESP grant
03/10/2021 – Congrets Lana for FAPESP grant
03/02/2021 – Welcome Letícia (Undergraduate Research Student)
01/24/2021 – BRAVE Novartis approved!
12/22/2020 – PRONON approved!
12/10/2020 – Aline’s work published at Sci Rep!
12/08/2020 – Marina’s IO review at Current Opinions published!
12/07/2020 – Welcome Bianca (Master Student)
11/06/2020 – Newton Advanced Fellowship Award approved
11/01/2020 – Welcome Sabrina (Staff Research)
10/30/2020 – ISR Grant for immunotherapy in RCC approved
10/20/2o2o – Congrats Guilherme for FAPESP grant
09/30/2020 – Molecular Oncology Workshop
09/01/2020 – Congrets Eliza for PIBIC/CNPq grant
08/01/2020 – Congrets Jamile for FAPESP grant
25/06/2020 – Welcome Camila, Carol, Cecília, and Lucas (Master Students)
10/06/2020 – Welcome Marina (PhD Student)
15/11/2019 – Welcome Eliza (Undergraduate Research Student)
21/10/2019 – Welcome Guilherme (Master Student)
15/09/2019 – Welcome Lana (Undergraduate Research Student)
12/08/2019 – Welcome Aline (Postdoc)
02/07/2019 – Welcome Jamile (Undergraduate Research Student)
- Integrating methylome and transcriptome signatures expands the molecular classification of the pituitary tumors 12/12/2022CONCLUSIONS: This large heterogenic ethnic Brazilian cohort confirms that integrated methylome and transcriptome signatures classify FPT and NFPT, which are associated with clinical presentation and tumor invasiveness. Moreover, the cluster NFPT/ACTH-secreting adenomas raises interest regarding tumor heterogeneity, supporting the challenge raised by the 2017 and 2022 WHO definition regarding the discrepancy, in rare cases, between […]Rui M Patrício da Silva-Júnior
- Mast cell-T cell axis alters development of colitis-dependent and colitis-independent colorectal tumours: potential for therapeutically targeting via mast cell inhibition 11/10/2022CONCLUSION: Therefore, we suggest that MCs have a dual role throughout CRC development and are potential druggable targets against this disease.Juliana Y Sakita
- Genetic regulation of OAS1 nonsense-mediated decay underlies association with COVID-19 hospitalization in patients of European and African ancestries 14/07/2022The chr12q24.13 locus encoding OAS1-OAS3 antiviral proteins has been associated with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) susceptibility. Here, we report genetic, functional and clinical insights into this locus in relation to COVID-19 severity. In our analysis of patients of European (n = 2,249) and African (n = 835) ancestries with hospitalized versus nonhospitalized COVID-19, the risk […]A Rouf Banday
- Telomere length and Wnt/β-catenin pathway in adamantinomatous craniopharyngiomas 18/05/2022CONCLUSIONS: CTNNB1: mutations are more frequent in children and adolescents and appear to associate with progressive disease. CTNNB1-mutated aCPs have shorter telomeres, demonstrating a relationship between the Wnt/β-catenin pathway and telomere biology in the pathogenesis of aCPs.Jose Italo Soares Mota
- Extracellular Vesicles and Interleukins: Novel Frontiers in Diagnostic and Therapeutic for Cancer 07/04/2022Tumor cells present many strategies for survival and dissemination in the tumor environment. Extracellular vesicles are a vital pathway used in crosstalk between tumor and non-malignant cells. They carry different types of molecules that, when internalized by target cells, can activate signaling pathways and molecular processes that will promote and disseminate neoplastic cells. Proteins, nucleic […]Aline G Souza